We aim to treat our patients courteously at all times and expect our patients to treat our staff in a similarly respectful way. It is your responsibility to keep your appointments, inform us of your past illnesses, medication, hospital admissions and any other relevant details.
Clifton Court Medical Practice – a Joint Commitment
What we will do for you
Treat you with respect and courtesy and help you to make the best use of our service.
Any advice on treatment will be based on clinical need. We will always be willing to explain our findings and advice we give, including choices of treatment.
We will maintain strict confidentiality over your details and will not divulge information without your consent, even to a family member.
We will allocate a named Doctor who will have overall responsibility for your care. This does not mean you have to see that Doctor, you are free to see which ever Doctor you like. Your named Doctor will however have an overview of your health needs. We will where possible try to accommodate a request for a named GP but this may not be possible. When considering a request for a named GP the following will be taken into account:
- The number of patients already on the Doctors list
- Whether the Doctor is full or part-time
- Other commitments that Doctor may have in practice.
In return we ask you to …
- Treat us with respect and courtesy
- Accept that verbal or physical abuse towards members of staff will not be tolerated.
- Accept that your health is your own responsibility, which we can help you with but cannot take over for you
- Learn from us how to lead a healthy lifestyle and deal with common ailments that do not need medical attention
- Notify us of any change of name, address or telephone number
- Cancel any unwanted appointments