At the surgery, we can give advice on how to stop smoking. We can also refer you to stop smoking clinics.
Darlington Stop Smoking Hub
The Darlington Stop Smoking Hub is a place for smokers in Darlington who want advice and support to quit.
It gives information and tools, over the phone and online.
If you feel ready to try to quit, you could be eligible for free intensive support from specially trained advisers.
You need to be one of the following:
- diagnosed with cardio or respiratory disease
- getting treatment for cancer, or living with cancer
- booked for elective surgery – including pre and post-surgery appointments
- pregnant, or the partner of someone who is pregnant
- wanting to have children, or the partner of someone wanting to have children
- you have a child under the age of 2
- identified at risk of developing cardiovascular or respiratory disease from smoking through a programme such as an NHS Health Check
If this is you, please contact the surgery and ask to be referred to the Hub.